Friday 9 March 2012

Hecticity & Health

So it has been far, far too long since I last blogged, in my defence, life has been crazily chaotic. Since my last entry I have started a new job, moved house, walked down the aisle and travelled on a whirlwind around the world honeymoon. So "The Fiancee" is now "The Husband" and I am making a commitment to blog more often.

Cakes at David Jones Food Hall - Sydney

Over the course of the wedding festivities, I was lucky enough to have some much needed and desperately sought after time with my closest girlfriends. We wined and dined and I was amazed with how beautiful, radiant and happy they were all looking. One thing that stood out to me was the healthy lifestyles they are all leading and the guilt set in! Vintage Bel has been vegetarian for several years now, has a really healthy diet and even inspired her Mum to try vegetarianism, three others are studying nutrition and my other girlfriend is now a lactose free, health guru and at 7 months pregnant looks positively stunning. With all these gorgeous health conscious women around me, I realised I need to make some changes.

Barrenjoey House - Heirloom Tomato, Peach, Buffalo Mozzarella & Marjoram Salad

Now I don't consider my lifestyle to be hugely unhealthy, I'm not much of a drinker, I don't smoke and I do a little exercise when I can squeeze it in but food is my vice and a massive weakness. I had hoped to lose a bit of weight for the big day but as it rapidly approached I lost motivation and put it in the "too hard basket". Meanwhile the Husband, who is normally quite exercise conscious, badly injured ligaments in his ankle and has been out of action for the last two months. This, in addition to eating out constantly over the period of our 6 week honeymoon has led to us both feeling rather frumpy.


French cheese & cured meats - Val d'Isere Night Markets

So we as a newly married couple want to make a commitment to ourselves and to each other to be healthier with our diets and lifestyles. Our goals are to lose a little weight, eat more vegetarian and a wider variety of foods, have less food wastage and save a bit of money from the food budget each week by shopping at the markets. Totally achievable right? Let's hope so!


Lunch with Vintage Bel at Armchair Collective - Beef Burger
     

Radiccio & Spinach Salad


Ploughman's Lunch Platter


Dessert - Milk Chocolate Caramel Slice, Lemon Curd Tartlet & Chocolate Brownie

P.S. I will add photos to this blog after my return from overseas. I only have the iPad with me and can't work it out for the life of me!

1 comment:

  1. So good to see this post - I hope you are having an amazing time. Please upload some photos of all the amazing food you have been eating - I need some inspiration. Talk soon. xxoo

    ReplyDelete