Sunday 1 April 2012

A change in seasons

Autumn is my favourite season so I was delighted to return to Australia, post-honeymoon to discover a fresh chill in the air. The leaves have not yet started falling but the mornings and the evenings are definitely getting cooler. At work I am currently experimenting with an updated Autumn menu, saying goodbye to summer fruits and salads and hello fresh soups and comfort foods! Here are some sneak-peaks -


Autumn Fruits - Will be finished with Honey Labne & Candied Pistachios


Butter Fried Potatoes, Roast Capsicum, Chorizo & Sous Vide Egg


Potato & Feta Pancakes with Asparagus, Poached Egg & Cumin Salt



Little Cakes by Little Kate -
My very talented friend Kate made these beauties as samples. They were as delicious as they look!

House made Scones - I use Janelle Bloom's CWA recipe. It works every time!


Our first home cooked meal after our around the world travels. How I missed vegetables!


The Pug on his way home after staying with the In-Laws whilst we were away. He was very excited to be back home and eating human food again!

The Pig xo

1 comment:

  1. He looks so skinny! The menu looks amazing - I cannot eat enough figs at the moment. Talk soon. xo

    ReplyDelete